Judy Jordan | Biography
Judy Jordan is a graduate of Corcoran College of Art and Design where she received the Award for Outstanding Work upon graduation. She has shown work in Maryland, Virginia, Washington, DC and New York. She has worked in Exhibits Graphics at the Smithsonian Institution, owned a fine crafts store, designed and marketed a line of jewelry, and worked as a Visiting Artist Consultant at the Providence Art Center in Maryland. She has professional memberships in Sowebo Arts and the Society of American Mosaic Artists (SAMA).She lives in Annapolis, Maryland with her husband Derek.
Recent Exhibits | Include
- Adler Gallery, Sowebo Arts Member Shows, 2007-2017, Baltimore, MD.
- MD Federation of Art, Spring Members Show, May 2016
- MD Federation of Art, Off the Wall Exhibition, Honorable Mention, June-July 2016
- MFA @ Gallery B, Bethesda, MD., November 2015
- The Mitchell Gallery, Image and Imagination show, St. John’s College, Annapolis, MD 2015
- Maryland Hall for the Creative Arts, All That Art Juried Exhibit and Auction, April 2015
- Maryland Federation of Art, Winter Members Show, 2015
- MD Art at College Park, University of MD, College Park, MD 2013
- 8th Annual All That Art Fundraiser, Maryland Hall, Maryland Hall, Annapolis, MD 2013
- The Mitchell Gallery, Image and Imagination Show, St. Johns College, Annapolis, MD 2012
- Maryland Hall for the Creative Arts, "All That Art", Juried Exhibition & Auction, Annapolis, MD 2011
- The Mitchell Gallery, Image and Imagination Show, St. Johns College, Annapolis, MD.
Awarded Best Three-Dimensional Work. 2010
- West Annapolis Art Works, art on display January - March 2009, Annapolis, Maryland
- The Mitchell Gallery, Image and Imagination Show, St. Johns College, Annapolis, MD, 2008
- Annapolis Watercolor Club, juried exhibition, Maryland Hall, Annapolis, MD, 2007
- Studio Art Quilt Associates Virtual Web Site Exhibit, The Human Condition Exhibit, August 2006
- The Mitchell Gallery, Image and Imagination Show, St. Johns College, Annapolis, MD 2006
- Art Quilts Online, Every Woman Exhibit, juried by Kim Ritter, 2005
- Show Me the Music, Art Exhibit sponsored by Annapolis Symphony Orchestra exhibited at St. John's College and Historic Londontown, Edgewater, MD, 2005
- Maryland Federation of Art, MFA's 40th Anniversary Exhibition, Annapolis, MD, 2003
- Maryland Federation of Art, Self Portraits Show, juried by Carolyn Carr, Chief Curator of the National Portrait Gallery, Annapolis, MD, 2002
- Maryland Federation of Art, Small Works Show, Annapolis, MD, 2002
- Quiet Waters Park Watercolor Show, Annapolis, MD, 2002
- Maryland Federation of Art Winter Juried Show, Annapolis, MD, 2002
- Art Doll Quarterly, Volume 8, Issue 4, Winter 2011, page 87
- Guest Artist on Italian website for contemporary mosaic works, ideemosaico.com published by Silvia Bada, Nov, 2010.
- Portfolio 13 Book, Published by Studio Art Quilts Associates, Inc., Page 99, 2006
- What's Up Annapolis Magazine, ASO's Sweet Inspiration, March, 2005
- The Sunday Capital, Lifestyle section, "Show Me the Music" by Theresa Winslow, Feb. 20, 2005
- Fiberarts Design Book 7, Page 216, published by Lark Books, 2004 (website)
- Quilting Arts Magazine, Summer 2003, Issue 10, Art Doll Challenge, pages 68 - 73 (website)
- While attending Corcoran College of Art and Design, received scholarship to study abroad in Leeds and London, England.
- Received Award for Outstanding Work from Corcoran College of Art and Design upon graduation.